Medical Nutrition Therapy
Medical nutrition therapy (MNT) is defined by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) as an evidence‐based application of the Nutrition Care Process.
The provision of MNT (to a patient/client) may include one or more of the following: nutrition assessment/reassessment, nutrition diagnosis, nutrition intervention and nutrition monitoring and evaluation that typically results in the prevention, delay or management of diseases and/or conditions.
Nutrition Counseling is defined by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) as a supportive process, characterized by a collaborative counselor– patient/client relationship. Counseling integrates information obtained from nutrition assessment and diagnostic processes to establish food, nutrition and physical activity priorities, goals, and action plans and empowers individuals and groups to take responsibility for self‐care to treat an existing disease and/or condition and promote health.
Therapy & Counseling definition source: http://www.eatrightpro.org/~/media/eatrightpro%20files/advocacy/definitionofterms.ashx
Insurance: Not all medical nutrition therapy or nutrition counseling is covered by medical insurance companies. However, many nutrition services are covered but it strictly depends upon each individual insurance company. The Roving Dietitian, LLC does not bill to or accept insurance but, upon request, will provide what is known as a superbill. This is a receipt that provides the necessary medical billing codes and information required by an insurance company to reimburse you, if they agree to reimburse for the services you receive.
It is the client’s responsibility to verify whether or not their insurance company will reimburse them for The Roving Dietitian, LLC services and that their insurance company will accept a superbill as the receipt for reimbursement. If your insurance company requires a different type of receipt, please provide us with the specifics and we will let you know, prior to your first appointment, whether or not we can accommodate the request.
- In person at the office of The Roving Dietitian, LLC
- In person at the home of the client or alternate public location
- Via telephone or FaceTime (follow-ups only, after initial in person visit has occurred)
THERAPY/COUNSELING available for the following:
- Diabetes Mellitus - Type 1 and Type 2
- Weight Loss Programs
- Weight Management
- Healthy Nutrition for All Ages
- Digestive/Gastrointestinal Issues
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Renal Disease
- Food Sensitivities and/or Allergies
- Recommended Therapeutic Diets: DASH, Low-Sodium, Renal, and any others
Please contact us if you are seeking nutrition therapy/counseling for anything not listed above. We will work to either create a customized program plan for what you need or refer you to a Registered Dietitian that specializes in the area you need help with.
Payment: Payment is expected at the completion of each session and/or program, depending upon prior contractual agreement.
Individual Appointment: $200.00
- Initial Nutrition Assessment via completed pre-visit nutrition assessment & questionnaire
- Initial sixty-minute one-on-one counseling session
Group Appointments: Couples or Families:
$200.00 for first client plus $100.00 for each additional client (maximum of 4 clients)
- Initial Nutrition Assessment, via completed pre-visit nutrition assessment & questionnaire
- Initial sixty-minute group session*
- Individual - Thirty-minute session: $65.00
- Group - Thirty- minute session (max of 4 clients): $65.00 for first client plus $50.00 for each additional client (maximum of 4 clients)
*Note: In group setting, visit time will be extended for more than 2 clients.