Nutrition Education Presentations
The Roving Dietitian, LLC will customize nutrition education programs for any audience and any subject. Some of our past presentations have been customized for the following:
- Specific medical condition support groups (e.g. MS, Parkinson’s, Breast Cancer Survivors)
- Child nutrition education for all grades/ages (e.g 5th Grade Nutrition Basics; Grandparents Raising Grandchildren; Middle School Health/Nutrition Event)
- Employee in-service programs (e.g. Long Term Care Food Safety Sanitation)
- Community Nutrition Events - Health Fair, Wellness Fair, Library Patron Programs (e.g. Public Library Parents Night Event; National Nutrition Healthy Eating Family Event)
Do you look at your pantry and wonder how you can better use it as a tool to keep you on track with your nutrition goals? Perhaps you often wonder how you can assist the kids in making better choices when they stare aimlessly into the pantry trying to decide what to eat???
The Roving Dietitian, LLC will come to your home to guide and assist you with updating your pantry, so that it has all of the right choices for healthy, balanced eating. This activity will provide you with the knowledge of what to keep, change, or get rid of in your pantry to start or maintain your healthy nutrition journey.
Pantry Makeover Service Prices
Initial Visit: $200.00*
- Location: Client’s home
- Visit Length: 1.5 hours
Follow-up Visit: $65.00*
- Location: Client's home
- Visit Length: 30 minutes
Follow-up Visit: $125.00*
- Location: Client's home
- Visit Length: 1.0 hour
Virtual Follow-up Visits are an option, please contact us for pricing and availability.
*Within 25 miles of Elgin, IL - surcharge added over 25 miles
Grocery Store Tour – Individual or Group
The Roving Dietitian will help you or your group become champs at navigating your local grocery store, so that you will know how to always leave with the best options for your nutrition goals.
Initial Tour Learning Objectives:
- Understanding the store layout and its impact on your purchases.
- How to get the most important daily nutrients in every grocery shopping trip.
- How to use the nutrition facts labels to make the most nutritional food choices.
- How to identify unhealthy in ingredients in food items.
Follow-up Tours will include specific subjects or shopping issues you would like to address.
Grocery Store Service Prices
Group Tour for up to 4 people: $400.00*
- 2.0– 2.5 hours
Initial Individual Tour: $200.00*
- 1.5 – 2.0 hours
*Within 25 miles of Hampshire, IL - surcharge added over 25 miles
If you are interested in any of our nutrition education programs, please use the form below to submit a brief description and we will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you!